38 replies to this topic

#1 ProgressTheory

ProgressTheory

Conversationalist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:58 AM

dr-evil.jpg  I know that whenever there is a crime committed that makes national news or goes viral on the internet involving black perpetrators, I hear and see a lot of white people proclaiming it is proof that black people are violent, evil people. However, though it's spoken at the water cooler it's never said out loud on TV unless it's a comedian making the point that it is almost always white people who can't control their desire to commit mass murder.

From the crusades to the holocaust to serial killers, white people have displayed their desire to kill for business, religion, or even pleasure. Not just human beings either considering that hunting for sport is a predominantly white activity as well. The craziest among them can't seem to help themselves.

connecticut-shooter-adam-lanza.jpg

Their desire to take life and dominate (enslave) others is pretty evident. From their "discovery" of the Americas to the atrocities in South East Asia.

They are also the race that has fought the hardest against progress. Because progress leads away from the good old days when they were in power. I know that progress also exposes falsehoods and inaccuracies in religion as well. So in from the perspective I suppose they're no more prone to violence to protect their religion from being exposed as a fantasy to its followers than any other group. To include the latest ethnic minority they hate the most, Islamic Arabs.

Whites also make up the lion's share of hate groups around the world.

I'm an ethnic minority. I'm not anti-white. For me the majority of my view of white people throughout my life is visions of the people who lead the peace movements in America. The hippies if you will. However, my deep affinity for logic makes me wonder if those types of whites are the out-liers. The exceptions to the rule. After all, I also know and or have seen or read about a lot of whites that hate hippies too.

Now that that is out of the way, to my question.

Are white people inherently evil?

#2 dorothymoreno

dorothymoreno

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:46 PM

attachicon.gifdr-evil.jpg I know that whenever there is a crime committed that makes national news or goes viral on the internet involving black perpetrators, I hear and see a lot of white people proclaiming it is proof that black people are violent, evil people. However, though it's spoken at the water cooler it's never said out loud on TV unless it's a comedian making the point that it is almost always white people who can't control their desire to commit mass murder.

From the crusades to the holocaust to serial killers, white people have displayed their desire to kill for business, religion, or even pleasure. Not just human beings either considering that hunting for sport is a predominantly white activity as well. The craziest among them can't seem to help themselves.

attachicon.gifconnecticut-shooter-adam-lanza.jpg

Their desire to take life and dominate (enslave) others is pretty evident. From their "discovery" of the Americas to the atrocities in South East Asia.

They are also the race that has fought the hardest against progress. Because progress leads away from the good old days when they were in power. I know that progress also exposes falsehoods and inaccuracies in religion as well. So in from the perspective I suppose they're no more prone to violence to protect their religion from being exposed as a fantasy to its followers than any other group. To include the latest ethnic minority they hate the most, Islamic Arabs.

Whites also make up the lion's share of hate groups around the world.

I'm an ethnic minority. I'm not anti-white. For me the majority of my view of white people throughout my life is visions of the people who lead the peace movements in America. The hippies if you will. However, my deep affinity for logic makes me wonder if those types of whites are the out-liers. The exceptions to the rule. After all, I also know and or have seen or read about a lot of whites that hate hippies too.

Now that that is out of the way, to my question.

Are white people inherently evil?

Not all are evil, just like in any race there are some that are evil, have no morals,don't care about anything or anybody but themselves and what is in it for them when it comes to life. I think there are good people in all races and I think it is unfair that a race should be judged solely because of evil doings of another person just because they were of that race. Another words what I am trying to say is that each person should be seen as the  individual they are and shouldn't be held accountable for the actions of someone else that just so happens to be of the same race.  Some people are just evil doers no matter what race they come from. Just because there is one bad apple doesn't mean it spoils the whole bunch. But the sad thing about it is , a lot of people always blame a whole race for the crime of one individual , this is not fair.

• Mr. Philstivus, taskeinc, Parker and 1 other like this

#3 blurinoctober

blurinoctober

Conversationalist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:02 PM

I think with whites being the majority in this country, you're going to see every part of the spectrum represented in the race. I'm certainly not evil, at least as far as I'm aware, and I haven't known anyone truly evil. There are white people who are, of course, but I'm fairly certain there are people of every race who are. Just as there are people in every race who are kindly or inherently good. It just depends on the person, not the race.

• dorothymoreno and CAGal like this

#4 Neelofar1334

Neelofar1334

Mouthpiece

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

I don't think white people are inherently evil because I don't think middle eastern people are inherently evil. No race is collectively evil, there are good ones, and then there are the bad seeds. It's common sense that not all white people are evil, there are lots of "white people" on this thread for example, and they're not evil. 

Do I think that people are inherently evil? Sort of. I know, what a negative way to look at life, but I lost faith in humanity a long time ago. Maybe a less extreme way of looking at it is that people are neutral, and their life experiences change them in either a positive or negative way. 

#5 blurinoctober

blurinoctober

Conversationalist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

Do I think that people are inherently evil? Sort of. I know, what a negative way to look at life, but I lost faith in humanity a long time ago. Maybe a less extreme way of looking at it is that people are neutral, and their life experiences change them in either a positive or negative way. 

I like the point you are making here. If you have really bad life experiences, it's going to affect you. Part of that contributes to if you turn out "good" or "evil". I also think a bit of it is predisposition, depending on the person. If someone is a psychopath they are naturally more likely to do evil things than someone who isn't, you know?

• Neelofar1334 likes this

#6 TABL

TABL

Conversationalist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

Some people are white and evil, yes. But I refuse to make a blanket statement about whites. Just like I wouldn't make a statement about all Asians or all Muslims or all blacks.
Unfortunately, we hear about the evil ones. Fo you ever hear about the wonderful ones?
  • CAGal likes this

#7 Creech

Creech

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationNew York, USA.

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

There is no doubt people who are white have done terrible things in history. But whites have also produced some great leaders of peace, freedom, liberty, science, and love. I do not believe belonging to a certain race makes you inherently evil or good. 

• dorothymoreno and CAGal like this

#8 majinkdogg

majinkdogg

Windbag

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

Evil is a concept that should not be associated with a particular race, culture, ethnic group, country, or any group of people. Any individual is susceptible to the temptations of evil. It is kind of what makes us human; this capability of either being good or evil or a little bit of both. I think most people, including myself, are a mixture of good and evil tendencies. Like it was said earlier, I think everyone begins neutral, and through experiences that occur in one's life, each of us develops good and evil tendencies. I don't think any person is purely evil, nor is any person purely good. It is very difficult to stay good all the time and never do something considered evil by society. At the same time, it is difficult to always do evil deeds and never do any good deeds. Many of the people who knew serial killers would say that they were usually nice and couldn't understand why he or she became a killer. 

• Bright Blue and R. Paradon like this

#9 MyOCDisMild

MyOCDisMild

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

How ironic this would be a topic seeing as how I just had to swear at a kid at work last night in regards to the shooting in Conneticut. I had a white fiancee, have a white and black best friend, and have bi-racial children. I don't think any race is evil. Stupid comes in many colors. But to assume that whites are any more evil than any other race is just....moronic. Not to mention disrespectful and tasteless. I blame the FBI and their damn profiling. I can remember SO many people being literally shocked stupid when it was revealed the DC sniper was African American. Or African...or whatever he was, bottom line; they were looking for a white guy and blew that theory completely out of the water.

• Parker, audiobookman, CAGal and 1 other like this

#10 TABL

TABL

Conversationalist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

Stupid comes in many colors. Amen!

#11 Kina

Kina

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:11 AM

Since we are playing the race card... you could also wonder if this had happen in Brooklyn by a black guy towards black people, would there be much of an outrage, and get the media attention. Just playing Devil's Advocate here. 

Your whole point is stupid and ignorant. 

• Catsy likes this

#12 Mr. Philstivus

Mr. Philstivus

... in the Tao ...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, USA

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:57 AM

I think with whites being the majority in this country, you're going to see every part of the spectrum represented in the race. I'm certainly not evil, at least as far as I'm aware, and I haven't known anyone truly evil. There are white people who are, of course, but I'm fairly certain there are people of every race who are. Just as there are people in every race who are kindly or inherently good. It just depends on the person, not the race.

Truly evil people rarely recognize themselves as such.

I'm white and I'm bad to the core. That's all I'm going to say on this topic.

• Parker and MyOCDisMild like this

#13 artistry

artistry

Mouthpiece

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

The fact that there are more white people than non-white, except in certain parts of the world, I think would make it more likely that you would have more of them doing outlandish things such as mass murder. The other aspect is that young black men tend to kill their black peers. But that I feel is because of the oppression fellt by the men. One noticeable thing, is that women are basically left out of the equation. That makes me wonder if there is not an abundance of testosetrone, that may be the problem. Perhaps we need a study to determine the "testosterone factor". involved.  So no, I do not think that white people are any more evil than others. In Africa there are many, many black people killing people enmasse.  The numbers may not be proportinate, but,the deeds are still just as evil.

• CAGal likes this

#14 Bright Blue

Bright Blue

Sky Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:06 AM

The terms "good" and "evil" (meaning "moral" or "immoral") apply only to individual people. No race, no nation, no organization, no business, no book, no movie, no weapon can be moral or immoral. Only individual people make moral decisions.

• Trace likes this

#15 philosoraptor

philosoraptor

Lecturer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:25 AM

You're trolling for fun right? To state the obvious, no. White people are higher in population in the united states, ergo psycopaths are whites by sheer probability. 

As for people claiming Blacks being thugs, that's a bit more complex - blacks I believe, are  still under privileged, and many of them are still not living in a healthy environment - which might explain the black thug stereotype, although I'm not aware of how they statistically stack up against white thugs

People of color face the same issue as any other minorities as LGBT community etc. does, systematically being under privileged and oppressed to varying degrees. 

#16 Draggy

Draggy

Orator

• Members
  • 1,421 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:40 AM

Don't accuse someone of Trolling Philosopher.  Be careful.  People are here to have fun and enjoy the experience. 

Evil is inside all of us along with the good.   Evil and good.  It just depends on which one we feed the most.  Doesn't matter who we are. 

#17 r. zimm

r. zimm

Conversationalist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationSE Florida, USA

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:38 PM

EACH of us has inherent potential for extreme good and extreme evil given the right circumstances. However, thinking that most or all of another group are "evil" is a core attribute of racism and I hate to spill the bean / let the cat out of the bag / etc but racists come in all colors!

#18 Draggy

Draggy

Orator

• Members
  • 1,421 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:17 PM

OH RATS!!!   r.zimm, you Spilled the Beans.  :-)  Most people believe racism is only between blacks and whites, when racism abounds between all different colors and even in the same color.   Just think of the racism between whites of good fortune and "white trash"  The racial slurs upon Italians, Irish of a few years ago.  They were white.

• R. Paradon likes this

#19 R. Paradon

R. Paradon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationThailand

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:50 AM

White people, black people, green, yellow, aliens  and just about every life group produces some evil souls.  No race has a monopoly.  If it seems so I think it is mainly because of the media were are reading or watching.  It is a simple fact that bad news sells a lot more than good news.

A lot of it has to do with perception.  At one time America we all wanted tans to show off to our peers that we could afford a nice winter vacation.  Here in Thailand a lot of Thai's want light skin so that nobody thinks that they are poor and have to work in the rice fields.

When I first came here and was sweating with the hot sun and humidity I was in awe of all the people riding on motorbikes with full jackets, sweaters etc.!

#20 artistry

artistry

Mouthpiece

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:31 PM

No, I do not believe "white people" are inherently evil. Any person of any race can have tendencies toward being evil. It is not a race thing in my opinion. Prisons are full of many different peope. We can say that the human race has good people and evil people.There are more caucasians in the US.

Reply to this topic